In light of current concerns stemming from the coronavirus, our office is striving to balance the health and safety of our clients and clinicians with the need for high quality evaluation services. We monitor scientifically-based recommendations regarding managing transmission risks as well as evolving standards for psychological testing procedures during a pandemic. Our small practice setting enables us to manage the flow of clients and provide services during this public health emergency.
We are currently offering the following services:
We provide services emphasizing health and safety in accordance with current scientific and professional recommendations, which are changing and evolving. Presently, the following in-office precautions will be taken:
- All clients will be screened for covid-19 symptoms and have temperature taken upon arrival.
- All participants will wash hands or use hand sanitizer prior to an in-person evaluation. Sanitizer is available throughout the office for your use.
- All participants will wear masks or face shields during the evaluation. If needed, one will be provided for you.
- Gloves may be worn and are available for your use, if desired.
- At least 6 feet of social distance will be maintained, as practical, throughout the evaluation.
- It will not be possible to maintain 6 feet of social distance when conducting some types of neuropsychological testing. During these procedures, we will maintain as much distance as is practical and will utilize a plexiglass shield between the psychologist and the client when possible. Neuropsychological test materials will be passed without physical contact between participants.
- All participants will refrain from attending an in-person evaluation session if they are ill. There will be no penalty for short notice cancellations in the event of covid-19 symptoms.
- All participants will disclose prior exposure to covid-19.
- Enhanced cleaning of testing materials and work areas will be undertaken prior to the evaluation session.
- Office scheduling will be altered to avoid contact with others as you wait for your appointment.
- High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filtration will be used to filter viruses and other particulates, exchanging office air multiple times per hour.
GIUNTA & ASSOCIATES’ COVID-19 RESPONSE